Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Wrong house

No one loves an afternoon delight more than me. Having a fun guest over on a rainy Sunday afternoon, have a warm cup of coffee under the covers while you recover from some much needed exercising, is a good way you waste the weekend away. That was exactly what I had in mind and what exactly did not happen.
It all started out as planned. He was going to come over around 1pm, we would have some light lunch, exercise, have coffee, exercise some more and then he would go. That would leave me with plenty of time to finish my housework and get ready for the work week.
I like planning ahead, so unannounced guests, even if they are family, are not always a convenience. My cousin came by around 12, with her 4 kids and a large pizza. “We missed you so we decided to surprise you!” Yaaayyyy … I texted my “personal trainer” that we had to postpone for an hour. By 1:30 he texted me that he had to run by the office, because the alarms went off and he had to check out if everything was ok. 3 pm the power went off, the reason the alarms went off at his office btw, so when he finally reached my house at 3:45, we were both half annoyed with Mr. Murphy who decided to make a law a few decades ago. Luckily the power came back and we started to get in our exercise clothing, or more out of, If you know where this is going ;).
Just as things were getting a little steamy we heard a car honk in front of the house. We decided to ignore it. Our afternoon had been set back more than enough. A minute later they honked again. I knew It wasn’t anyone important, since I wasn’t expecting anyone. After the third time, he decided to go have a look who was so persistent.
“Hi good afternoon, is Joey home?”
“Joey? Who is Joey?”
“Doesn’t Joey live here? Ohw we are so sorry sir, we must have the worng house. Isn’t this number 24?”
“No this is number 37”
Apparetly they had the wrong house and we’d chosen the wrong day to train.

No comments:

Post a Comment